OV7670-VL2A CMOS sensor FT900 MCU for processing camera image Lens with adjustable focus Uses mikroBUS SPI and INT pins 3.3V power supply
Camera click carries an OV7670-VL2A low-voltage CMOS image sensor connected to an on-board FT900Q MCU through a parallel camera interface. The FT900 in turn outputs the camera image to your target board's microcontroller through the mikroBUS SPI interface (CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI). An additional RDY pin (INT) signals the camera's status.
When combined with a 32-bit target board MCU, Camera click will enable you to stream QCIF-resolution video (176 × 144). Increased processing power and storage capabilities will get you better results (the maximum resolution of the OVO7670 sensor is VGA, i.e. 640 × 480). With 8-bit MCUs, Camera click is best used for rendering static images or for specific applications where a few frames per second are enough.
The lens on Camera click allows you to adjust the focus by turning the plastic ring.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Camera Add-on Module Resources