The EasyVR Arduino Shield 3.0 is a multi-purpose speech recognition module designed to add versatile, robust and cost-effective multi-language speech recognition capabilities to virtually any application developed on the Arduino platform.
Unlike previous versions of this shield, this one does not come with the EasyVR module already soldered onto it. This gives you the ability to use the module in other platforms. In fact, the 3.0 module is in mikroBUS form, so you can add it to any of the Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
The module's mikroBUS form factor also means it can be used on many other platforms via interface adapters, for example:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In fact, the EasyVR module can be used with any host that has a UART interface powered at 3.3V to 5V, such as PIC and Arduino boards. Some application examples include home automation (such as voice-controlled light switches, locks or beds), or adding "hearing" to the most popular robots on the market.
The microphone and speaker wires pictured are included also.
Arduino Voice Recognition Shield Features
- 28 built-in speaker-independent (SI) commands for ready-to-run basic controls. The commands are available in U.S. English, Japanese, Italian, German, Spanish and French
- SI commands can be customized if you own a QT2SI software license
- Supports up to 32 user-defined speaker-dependent (SD) triggers or commands (any language)
- Supports Voice Passwords for biometric speech recognition
- SonicNet to control one or more EasyVR 3.0 modules wirelessly with sound tokens generated by the module or another sound source (e.g. DVD, CD, MP3, etc.)
- DTMF tone generation (touch-tone telephone)
- 3 GPIO lines that can be controlled by protocol commands
- Make your own sound tables using the Sensory QuickSynthesis4 tool
- PWM audio output that supports 8Ω speakers
- Sound playback feature
- Headphone jack
- Programmable LED
- Microphone input connector (microphone included)
- Easy-to-use Graphical User Interface to program Voice Commands; includes a command to process and download custom sound tables
- Module can be used with any host with a UART interface (powered at 3.3V to 5V)
- Simple and robust serial protocol (9600 8-N-1 by default) to access and program the module through the host board
- Also works with Robonova, Robozak MR-C3024, and Parallax BASIC Stamp
Arduino EasyVR 3.0 Shield Resources The TTL converters that can be used as a PC Interface include the 4D Programming Cable, the FOX Debug Port Interface, the MAX232 Board, and the USB UART 2 Board.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item