RN4020 Bluetooth 4.1 module Integrated TCP/IP stack PCB antenna Can be set up as client or server MLDP support 3.3V power supply
BLE2 click is a simple solution for adding Bluetooth 4.1 (a.k.a. Bluetooth Low Energy, BLE, or Bluetooth Smart) to your design. It features the Microchip RN4020 module, which has a complete Bluetooth stack and can act both as a client or as a server. Additionally, the RN4020 module supports 13 public profiles and 17 public services, including the Microchip Low-energy Data Profile (MLDP) which makes it easy to connect two BLE2 click boards. You also can set up a custom profile to suit your specific requirements.
The board's built-in PCB antenna gives you a range of about 30 meters indoors.
BLE2 click communicates with your target board's microcontroller through mikroBUS RX, TX and AN (CMD), PWM (CON), and RST (WAKE) lines.
Note: This board uses a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
RN4020 Bluetooth Smart mikroBUS Module Resources