EE-SX198 photo interrupter sensor with 3mm slit INT LED serves as a visual indicator of photo interruption 3.3V or 5V power supply
IR eclipse click carries an EE-SX198 photo interrupter sensor. This sensor consists of an infrared transmitter and a receiver facing each other spaced apart by a 3mm gap. When the beam from the transmitter is eclipsed by placing an object in the slit (like a piece of paper), the sensor is activated (indicated by the on-board LED).
This type of sensor typically is used in printers, copiers, vending machines and so forth. You can implement IR eclipse click in your design wherever there's a need to detect the position of a moving part, as long as it is thin enough to fit into the sensor's 3mm slit.
IR eclipse click communicates with your target board through the mikroBUS INT line. It's designed to work with either 3.3V or 5V logic levels, selected by a solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Photo Interrupter Add-on Module Resources