Separate photodiodes (infrared and full spectrum) Approximates light response of the human eye I2C communication 3.3V power supply
Illuminance click carries a TSL2561 light-to-digital converter with a sensor that's designed to mimic the way humans perceive light. This makes it ideal for applications where ambient lighting conditions have to be measured without infrared interference, such as automatic backlight adjustment on display screens, automatic night-time security lighting, etc. The sensor has two photodiodes. One sensitive to full-spectrum light, the other to infrared. The visible spectrum is then deduced by using a formula to filter out the infrared.
The board communicates with your target microcontroller through mikroBUS I2C lines: SCL and SDA (data). A solder jumper allows you to select the I2C address (in logic 1 position by default).
Illuminance click uses a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Illumination Sensing Add-on Module Resources