GSM / GPRS Waspmote Module The GSM/GPRS module for Waspmote allows sensor networks to send SMS, make calls or create TCP and UDP sockets in order to send information to the internet. HTTP and FTP procotols are available also for sending information to the cloud directly from your Waspmote.
The board includes the SIMCom SIM900 communication module. This module has a U.FL antenna connection. You will need to add an antenna in order to use this board. We offer a compatible antenna. There's also a microSD socket on the bottom.
This module plugs into the dedicated port on a Waspmote main board, still allowing you to plug in a Waspmote sensor board as well. The lower picture shows this module plugged into a Waspmote.
Waspmote GPRS Module Features
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant with GSM phase 2/2+
• Class 4 (2W @ 850/900 MHz)
• Class 1 (1W @ 1800/1900 MHz)
- Sensitivity: -109 dBm
- Consumption in Power Down Mode: 30µA
- Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07, 07.05 and SIMcom enhanced AT commands)
- SIM application toolkit
- Making/receiving calls
- Making x second lost calls
- Sending/receiving SMS
- Single or multiple connections to TCP/IP and UDP/IP clients
- TCP/IP server
- HTTP service
- FTP service
- Over-The-Air programming of Waspmote
Note: Your Waspmote must be connected to a battery when using this module; USB power alone is not enough.
Waspmote GSM/GPRS Module Resources