This kit consists of the 4DLCD-FT843 display module, the 4Display-Shield-FT843 Arduino shield and the 4DBEZEL-43-B bezel with corner mounting plates.
The 4DLCD-FT843 is an embedded SPI display from 4D Systems, featuring a 4.3-inch resistive touch display with an integrated FTDI FT800 Embedded Video Engine (EVE). A SPI host can be connected directly to the display, then EVE provides a powerful set of graphics features to the host.
This display provides four-in-one functionality, a 4.3" TFT LCD Display with 480×272 resolution and 262k colors, Audio with amplifier enable, and Resistive Touch Screen with an integrated Video Engine. This combination built directly into the screen allows for simple integration into a number of applications.
The FT800 Display Processor runs the FTDI version of EVE (Embedded Video Engine), which targets high-quality graphics displays with widget support, designed to offload the host processor and provide a variety of graphics features. Twelve widget components, transparency support, anti-aliasing and other features will enhance your designs.
The 4Display-Shield-FT843 (a.k.a. ADAM) included in this kit adapts the display's FPC connector to an Arduino shield, so you can use the FT843 SPI display module on a standard Arduino such as the Uno, Leonardo, Mega, Due, or Pro 5V (Due is the only 3.3V Arduino supported, as only it also delivers the 5V necessary to power the ADAM shield).
Other Arduino boards and clones should work too if they provide 5V and have a male ICSP header in the standard location — some Arduino clones (including some that we carry, e.g. those produced by Olimex) do not have the ICSP header in the standard location, thus will not be compatible with ADAM.
Jumpers on the shield allow you to change the digital pins used by the Arduino, to help avoid conflicts with other shields you may have stacked.
4.3" Embedded SPI Display Features
- 4.3" TFT LCD transmissive display with 480×272 resolution, 262K colors
- 4-wire resistive touch screen
- Mono PWM audio output with separate amplifier enable, designed to be connected directly to a simple filter and amplifier circuit
- On-board FTDI FT800 Embedded Video Engine
- SPI interface to host processor/controller, up to 30 MHz (Mode 0 only)
- Standard 10-way 0.5mm-pitch FPC ribbon which carries SPI, Audio, I/O and Power to/from the display
- Programmable interrupt controller, with dedicated interrupt pin to host
- 64-voice polyphonic sound synthesizer
- PWM dimming control for LCD backlight
- Power mode control to put the FT800 into sleep and standby modes, with dedicated power-down pin to host
- Single 3.3V supply
- 3.3V SPI bus, audio output and amplifier enable (not 5V tolerant)
- Display dimensions: 105.5 × 67.2 × 4.2 mm (not including flex cable)
- Flex cable length from base of display: 57.51 mm
- Viewing area: 95.04 × 53.86 mm
- Touchscreen area: 96.7 × 55.5 mm
- Weight: ~50g
- RoHS and CE compliant
This display was created by a collaboration between FTDI and 4D Systems. All software support for the 4DLCD-FT843 Display is provided directly from FTDI. FTDI also write and supply the libraries and demos for this display. Hardware support is provided by 4D Systems.
4.3" Embedded SPI Display Arduino Shield Kit Resources