Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) for Brushless DC Motors
This is the same HW30A ESC from GemFan that is used in the ELEV-8 V2 Quadcopter Kit. Purchase this as a replacement for one of the four that came in that kit. This is not for the ELEV-8 V3!
This version will come pre-programmed for use on the ELEV-8 V2. If you intend to program this speed controller for your own brushless DC motor project, you can save a little bit by purchasing the unprogrammed version.
This ESC is compatible with a standard RC receiver or any 3.3V or 5V microcontroller running the proper pulse-width modulation (PWM).
30A ESC Features
- Version on this page is already programmed for use with an ELEV-8 V2 quadcopter
- Can be reprogrammed optionally by an ESC Programming Card (e.g. Turnigy BESC) so you won't have to count beeps
- 5V BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit)
- High current rating enables worry-free operation of varying sized motors
- Compatible with any standard RC receiver
- Three-phase electronic control
- Cells: 2-3S LiPo Input
- Power Requirements: 7.4V to 11.1V DC
- Continuous Maximum Current: 30 Amps
- Communication: PWM
- Dimensions: 1.9 × 1.0 × 0.3 inches (48.26 × 25.4 × 7.62 mm)
- Weight: 27 grams