The SimplyTronics ST-00082 PIR Mini Sensor's compact form factor is ideal for small-scale projects, or those where the electronics need to be hidden or protected. The narrow, vertically oriented board can slip through a hole in an enclosure to hide and protect the electronics, leaving only the small lens visible on the outside.
The PIR Mini Sensor detects motion up to 12 feet (3.65 meters) away. Like the other passive infrared sensors we carry, the PIR Mini is a pyroelectric device that senses and responds to changes in the infrared levels emitted by nearby objects.
Passive IR Sensor Board Features
- Detects motion up to 12 feet (3.65 meters) away
- Detection angle: 100°
- Supply voltage range of 3V to 15V DC supports numerous applications
- Current requirements: 28µA @ 3V; 190µA @ 5V
- Max. output current: 110µA @ 3V; 230µA @ 5V; 260µA @ 15V
- Simple active-high output signal makes it easy to use in microcontroller projects
- 3-pin SIP header fits an extension cable or plugs directly into a breadboard
- On-board 10K resistor in series with the output, so no extra resistor is needed to drive a transistor, in most cases
- Recommended bit for enclosure hole: 7/16" or 11 mm
- Dimensions: 1.16 × 0.49 × 0.49 inches (29.5 × 12.5 × 12.5 mm)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C)
See the ST-00082 Documentation Page for detailed specifications, dimensional drawings, and demo code.