This adapter allows you to connect the Turtelizer 2 with most common ARM JTAG connection interfaces, creating a nearly universal ARM programmer/debugger solution.
The connections on the board are as follows, from left to right according to the top picture:
- J1 — This 2×5-pin connection is where the Turtelizer 2 plugs in.
- J2 — This single-row 10-pin connection is used by Xilinx boards. You can plug jumper wires on this header to connect to nearly anything.
- J3 — This 2×7-pin connection is used by some ARM boards (this is not the pinout used by TI OMAP boards, however).
- J4 — This 2×10-pin connection is the most common ARM JTAG pinout.
- J5 — This 2×5-pin connection is used by VLSI boards. The adjacent jumper allows you to configure it for an alternative ARM pinout as well.
- J6 — This 2×5-pin connection with 0.05-inch pitch is used by some ARM Cortex boards.
The following image shows how this adapter goes between a Turtelizer 2 and a board with a standard 20-pin ARM JTAG connection:
This adapter comes with ribbon cables for the 2×5-, 2×7- and 2×10-pin conectors with 0.1-inch pitch. If you want to use the 0.05-inch connector, purchase the FC10P-127-12 cable separately. For the single-row header, you can use Female-to-Female or Male-to-Female jumper wires depending on your application.