Monochrome white OLED display 96 × 39 pixel resolution; 19.3 × 7.8 mm active area Choose between SPI or I2C output On-board controller enables scrolling, contrast adjustment, etc. Uses 3.3V power supply
OLED W click carries a 96 × 39 pixel white monochrome passive-matrix OLED display. This bright display has a wide viewing angle and low power consumption. The SSD1306 controller allows horizontal and vertical scrolling, contrast control, normal or inverse image display, and more.
OLED W click can communicate with your target board's MCU through either SPI (CS, SCK, MOSI/SDI) or I2C (SCL, SDA) mikroBUS lines. You switch between the two by resoldering three on-board jumpers (in SPI positions by default). Both modes also use PWM (A/C) and RST lines.
This small display is ideal for displaying lines of text or icons, because it has low power consumption yet provides a sharp, high-contrast display.
Note: This module uses a 3.3V power supply only.
There's another version of this module with a blue display.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
White OLED Display Add-on Module Resources