This infrared remote controller is programmable for use with many different brands of televisions and other devices — for example, you can use it to control your robot. The 38.5kHz signals from this remote are compatible with the IR receiver included in the Boe-Bot, Shield-Bot, and ActivityBot robot kits. Your robot's microcontroller brain can decode the remote's signals, and then drive, blink lights or make sounds in response.
If you don't already have a 38kHz IR receiver on hand for your project, consider purchasing the IR Remote Parts Kit which includes this remote, an IR receiver and a 220Ω resistor.
Universal IR Remote Control Features
A manual is included showing you how to program the remote for compatibility with dozens of different TV manufacturer protocols.
- Large numbers are easy to read and push
- Five-button direction pad and four additional function keys provide more options for custom applications
- Power and Setup keys for programming
- Communication: IR modulated at 38.5 kHz
- Requires two 1.5V AA batteries (not included)
- Dimensions: 6.75 × 2.0 × 1.37 inches (171.45 × 50.8 × 34.7 mm)
- Operating temperature: -32 to +158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
Universal IR Remote Control Resources