Sensitive only to live bodies On-board photo resistor for night-only mode Adjustable detection range (up to 4 meters) Can be switched on/off from host MCU Designed to use 3.3V power supply
Once you step in the detecting range of MOTION click, the on-board PIR500B pyroelectric infrared sensor picks up the thermal energy you emit and generates a voltage signal, then the BISS0001 motion sensor controller processes the signal and sends an interrupt to the host MCU via the mikroBUS INT (out) line.
You can adjust the detection range of MOTION click by turning the on-board potentiometer. You can also turn it on/off by sending signals from the host MCU through the mikroBUS RST pin.
There's a photo resistor aboard MOTION click that enables you to set up the sensor to work only when it's dark. There's a jumper (zero-ohm resistor) below the photo resistor on the left side of the board; re-solder it just above its default position to activate the night-only mode.
Motion detectors like these are used typically for security systems, automatic light switches, automatic doors, etc.
Note: This module uses 3.3V power only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Passive IR Add-on Module Resources