Solar Radiation Sensor
The SQ-110 is a self-powered quantum sensor that measures photosynthetically active radiation and is calibrated for use in sunlight. The sensor housing design features a fully potted, domed-shaped head making the sensor fully weatherproof and self-cleaning. Photosynthetically active radiation (PAR), or photosynthetic photon flux (PPF), is the wavelength range from 400 to 700 nanometers and is strongly correlated with plant growth. Gardeners, greenhouse managers, growth chamber users and salt-water aquarists measure PAR to insure optimal specimen health.
The sensor provides at its output a voltage proportional to the intensity of the light in the PAR spectral range, with a maximum of 400mV.
Sun Calibration Quantum Sensor Features
- Sensitivity: 0.2mV per Ámol·m-2s-1
- Calibration Factor: 5.0 Ámol·m-2s-1 per mV (reciprocal of sensitivity)
- Maximum Output: 400mV (at 2000 Ámol·-2s-1
- Accuracy: ▒5%
- Measurement Repeatability: Within 1%
- Long-term Drift: Less than 2% per year
- Non-linearity: Less than 1% (up to 4000 Ámol·m-2s-1)
- Response Time: Less than 1 millisecond
- Field of View: 180░
- Spectral Range: 410nm to 655nm (wavelengths where response is greater than 50% of maximum)
- Directional (Cosine) Response: ▒5% at 75░ zenith angle
- Temperature Response: 0.06 ▒0.06% per C
- Operating Environment: -40 to +55 ░C; 0-100% RH (can be submerged to depth of 30m)
- Dimensions: 2.4cm diameter; 2.8cm height
- Mass: 90g
- Cable: 3m of shielded, twisted-pair wire; Santoprene rubber jacket (high water resistance, high UV stability, flexibility in cold conditions); Three pigtail lead wires
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Agriculture Sensor Board PRO.