Ultrasound (Outdoor - IP67)
The XL-MaxSonar-WRA1 is a weather-resistant sensor designed for outdoor detection and ranging. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water-intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings.
High-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real-time background automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and noise-rejection algorithms result in virtually noise-free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL-MaxSonar-WRA1 sensor is factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
Ultrasonic Sensor Features
- Resolution of 1cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Analog Envelope
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +160°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4" National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Our most popular outdoor, weather resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Analog envelope output for easy troubleshooting and signal processing
- Maximum range of 765cm (300 inches)
- Long-range, narrow detection zone
Warning: Maxbotix applies Christian symbols to their PCBs. If you live or work in a place where such symbols are forbidden (such as a school), do not buy this product, or be sure to scratch them out. The Customs offices of countries that forbid the sending of religious symbols may not accept importation of these sensors.
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Smart Cities Sensor Board.