This is basically a combination of the Arduino Robotics Shield Kit and the Arduino Uno R3 required to operate it plus a USB cable for programming the Arduino.
The kit requires five 1.5V AA batteries. It is possible instead to use six 1.2V rechargeable batteries, if you purchase the optional Boe-Boost module which you can select at the bottom of this page. (The Boe-Boost's title describes it as a fifth battery holder, which is the case in its originally intended usage with the BASIC Stamp Boe-Bot. When used with this Arduino Robotics Shield Kit, it would be a sixth battery holder.)
Other than batteries, you don't need to provide anything else to use this kit!
Note: This picture shows different wheels than the parts picture shows. The wheel type included in the kit may vary.
Arduino Robotics Kit Tutorials The online tutorials related to this kit will walk you through the following:
- Learning to program your robot's Arduino brain
- Calibrating the robot's continuous-rotation servo motors
- Using lights and a speaker for status indication
- Assembling the robot
- Pre-programmed navigation
- Using touch-switches to navigate by contact with objects
- Using phototransistors to navigate by light
- Using non-contact infrared sensors to measure distance and avoid or follow objects
Arduino Robotics Kit Contents
- Arduino Uno R3
- USB A to B cable
- Board of Education Shield PCB
- High-quality aluminum robot chassis
- Continuous-rotation servos (50 RPM) and wheels
- 5-cell AA battery pack
- All the electronic components and sensors needed for the tutorial activities
- All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws, and standoffs)
Arduino Robotics Kit Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item