This is the PDV-P9200 resistive sensor whose conductivity varies depending on the intensity of light received on its photosensitive part. The measurable spectral range (400nm to 700nm) coincides with the human visible spectrum, so it can be used to detect light/darkness in the same way that a human eye would detect it.
Note that this is made with CdS (Cadmium Sulfide) and is not RoHS compliant.
Photocell Features Characteristics @ 23 °C with light temp. of 2856 °K
- Resistance in darkness: 5 MΩ after 10 sec. @ 10 Lux
- Resistance @ 10 Lux: 10 kΩ min., 50 kΩ max.
- Sensitivity: 0.90 Ω/Lux typical
- Rise Time to 10 Lux: 60 ms typical
- Fall Time from 10 Lux: 25 ms typical
- Max. Voltage: 150V peak
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Events Sensor Board, the Waspmote Smart Cities Sensor Board, or the Waspmote Agriculture Sensor Board PRO.