Water flow medium
This water flow sensor is basically a small turbine whose output signal is a series of digital pulses. The frequency of the pulses is proportional to the flow rate of the liquid passing through the sensor. That digital signal, whose frequency is in the range between 0Hz and 100Hz, can be read directly through one of the digital input/output pins of a microcontroller.
Supply of this sensor is inconsistent. You may receive an FS200A or a YF-S201 depending on what we receive from our vendor. Specifications below are for the FS200A.
Water Flow Sensor Features
- Pipe Gauge: 1/2 inch, threaded
- Flow Rate: 0.5 to 25 liters per minute
- Pulse Rate: 450 pulses per liter
- Accuracy: ±1%
- Operating Pressure: 0 to 1.2 MPa (174 psi)
- Operating Voltage: +3.3V to +24V
- Max. Rated Current: 8mA
- Operating Temperature: -10 to +120 °C
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Events Sensor Board.