Horizontal Fuel and Oil Level Sensor
This is a Celduc PTFA0100 liquid level sensor whose operation is based on the status of a reed switch which can be opened or closed (depending on its placement in the container) as the level of liquid moves the float at its end. The reed contact is completely isolated from the liquid; the one moving part (the float arm) has a magnet embedded in it to activate the switch.
This sensor is recommended for fuels, heavy oils and combustibles. See the PTFA3415 for a similar sensor that can be used in potable liquids and certain acids.
Combatibile Liquids This sensor is made from 30% glass-filled Nylon 6 and can be used in the following liquids:
It is not compatible with most acids or methylene chloride. It does have acceptable resistance to water, but the PTFA3415 is recommended for water use.
- Engine oil
- Lubricating oil
- Mineral oil
- Vegetable oil
Liquid Level Sensor Features
- Mounting: Horizonal, external mounting
- Contact Form: 1NO
- Wiring: 175mm wires plus Molex connector
- Material: Polyamide, 30% glass fiber
- Float Travel: 50° (switch closed by 10°; open by 35°)
- Max. Switching Power: 10VA
- Max. Switching Voltage: 200V DC
- Max. Switching Current: 0.5A
- Contact Resistance: 150 mΩ
- Float Density: 0.60
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +85 °C
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Events Sensor Board.