Air Pollutants I (NH3, H2S, CH3-CH2-OH, C6H5CH3) Gas Sensor
The TGS2602-B00 sensor varies its resistance in the presence of contaminant gases, mainly Toluene (C6H5CH3), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), Ethanol (CH3CH2OH), Ammonia (NH3) and, to a lesser extent, Hydrogen (H2).
The sensor's resistance in air may vary between 10 and 100 kΩ, with a ratio of sensitivity between 0.15 and 0.5 for a CH3CH2OH concentration of 10ppm. Because of this variability, it is recommended to calibrate the sensor before including it in your application.
Air Contaminants Sensor Features
- Gases: C6H5CH3, H2S, CH3CH2OH, NH3, H2
- Measurement range: 1 to 30 ppm
- Resistance in normal air: 10 to 100 kΩ
- Sensitivity: 0.15 to 0.5 (ratio between the resistance in 10ppm Ethanol and in normal air)
- Supply voltage: 5V ±0.2V DC
- Operating temperature: 10 to 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 to +60 °C
- Response time: 30 seconds
- Minimum load resistance: 0.45kΩ
- Average consumption: 61mA
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Gases Sensor Board.