Air Pollutants II (CH4, CO, CH-CH3,H2,CH3-CH2-OH) Gas Sensor
The TGS2600-B00 sensor shows sensitivity to the variation of the concentration of numerous gases that are not usually found in the composition of the atmosphere and which are considered contaminants. Among these would be mainly Ethanol (CH3CH2OH) and Isobutane (C4H10) and, with less response, Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Methane (CH4). This sensor is also sensitive to variations in the concentration of Hydrogen (H2).
The sensor's resistance in air may vary between 10 and 90 kΩ, with a ratio of sensitivity between 0.3 and 0.6 for an H2 concentration of 10ppm. Because of this variability, it is recommended to calibrate the sensor before including it in your application.
Air Contaminants Sensor Features
- Gases: C4H10, CH3CH2OH, CO, CH4
- Measurement range: 1 to 100 ppm
- Resistance in normal air: 10 to 90 kΩ
- Sensitivity: 0.3 to 0.6 (ratio between the resistance in 10ppm H2 and in normal air)
- Supply voltage: 5V ±0.2V DC
- Operating temperature: -10 to +40 °C
- Response time: 30 seconds
- Minimum load resistance: 0.45kΩ
- Average consumption: 46mA
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Gases Sensor Board.