The MCP9700A-E/TO is an analog sensor that converts a temperature value into a proportional analog voltage. The range of output voltages is between 100mV (-40°C) and 1.75V (+125°C), resulting in a variation of 10mV/°C, with 500mV of output for 0°C.
Linear Active Thermistor Features
This sensor is in a 3-pin TO-92 package, making it easy to work with on prototyping boards.
- Measurement range: -40 to +125 °C
- Output voltage @ 0°C: 500mV
- Sensitivity: 10mV/°C
- Accuracy: ±2°C when within 0-70°C; as much as ±4°C outside that range
- Supply voltage: 2.3V to 5.5V
- Response time: 1.65 seconds (63% response from +30 to +125 °C)
- Typical consumption: 6μA
- Maximum consumption: 12µA
Visit the Microchip MCP9700A Page for the datasheet and other documentation.
Compatible with Waspmote This sensor can be used in a Waspmote wireless sensor platform by plugging it into the Waspmote Gases Sensor Board, the Waspmote Events Sensor Board, the Waspmote Smart Cities Sensor Board, or the Waspmote Agriculture Sensor Board PRO.