This kit includes a variety of basic sensors for any beginner or experienced programmer. With everything included in this kit, you'll be able to sense acceleration, force, vibration, infra-red light, ambient light, temperature, and more.
Essential Sensor Kit Contents
- MMA8452Q Triple-Axis Accelerometer Breakout (SEN-12756) — Senses acceleration along all three axes, with a range of up to ±8g. Fully analog interface.
- US1881 Hall Effect Sensor (COM-09312) — Holding a magnet near this sensor will cause the output pin to toggle. This makes for a robust presence sensor.
- AT407 Tilt Sensor (SEN-10289) — A simple basic tilt switch that can be used for detecting orientation of your project.
- 2x 7BB-20-6L0 Piezo Element (SEN-10293) — These two Piezo elements come in handy when you need to detect vibration or a knock. You can use these for tap or knock sensors pretty easily by reading the voltage on the output.
- RS-01C Insulated Reed Switch (COM-10601) — Senses magnetic fields; makes for a great non-contact switch.
- TSOP38238 IR Receiver Diode (SEN-10266) — A miniaturized receiver for infrared remote control systems.
- YSL-R531FR1C-F1 Infrared LED (COM-09349) — This is a very simple, clear infrared LED. These devices operate between 940-950nm and work well for generic IR systems.
- TMP36 Temperature Sensor (SEN-10988) — Low-voltage, precision centigrade temperature sensor. It provides a voltage output that is linearly proportional to the Celsius temperature.
- TSR-3386U Trimpot 10K with Knob (COM-09806) — This trimmable potentiometer has a small knob built right in and it's breadboard friendly to boot.
- 0.25" Magnet Square (COM-08643) — Plays nicely with the reed switch. Embed the NdFeB magnet into stuffed animals or inside a box to create a hidden actuator to the reed switch. Very strong magnet; Pinching hazard; Handle with care; Keep away from sensitive devices (e.g. pacemakers, magnetic media, hearing aids, mechanical watches); Can be fatal if swallowed.
- 0.5" Force-Sensitive Resistor (SEN-09375) — A force-sensing resistor with a 0.5" diameter sensing area. Great for sensing pressure (i.e. if it's being squeezed).
- GL5528 Mini Photocell (SEN-09088) — The photocell will vary its resistance based on how much light it's exposed to. Will vary from 1kΩ in the light to 10kΩ in the dark. CdS; not RoHS compliant.
- 4.5" Flex Sensor (SEN-08606) — As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Useful for sensing motion or positioning. Be sure to add strain relief between the connector and the plastic backing.
- CEM-1203(42) Piezo Buzzer/Speaker (COM-07950) — This is a small 12mm round speaker that operates around the audible 2kHz range. You can use these speakers to create simple music or user interfaces.
- 2x Resistor, 1.0MΩ 1/6 Watt PTH (COM-11853) — Two 1/6th Watt, ±5% tolerance PTH resistors. Commonly used in breadboards and perf boards. Included here to be used with the two Piezo Element knock sensors.