The SN74HC165N shift register takes an input of up to eight parallel lines and produces a single serial output. It's a great way to increase the number of inputs on a microcontroller.
This breakout board makes it easy to build prototypes with the 74HC165. It breaks out all of the pins you need to standard 0.1"-spaced headers. Also, the data and power pins are lined up so that you can chain together multiple boards and expand the number of outputs under your control.
This chip works with a voltage supply anywhere in the range of 2V to 6V DC, and at clock frequencies of up to 29 MHz (@ 6V DC).
SN74HC165N Breakout Board Features
- Wide operating voltage: 2V to 6V
- Parallel-to-Serial data conversion
- Outputs can drive up to 10 LSTTL loads
- Low power consumption: 80µA max ICC
- ±4mA output drive at 5V
- Low input current of 1µA max
- Complementary outputs
- Direct overriding load (data) inputs
- Gated clock inputs
- 0.1" spaced headers
SN74HC165N Breakout Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item