This is a replacement for the 4x AA battery holder that is included in the Boe-Bot kit. This pack supports two 16850 (or 19670 a.k.a. "Protected 16850") lithium-ion batteries, and has a built-in charging circuit.
You'll never need to replace batteries in your Boe-Bot again. The power supply input for charging remains easily accessible when this pack is installed in your Boe-Bot chassis. Power input for charging should be between 5V and 12V and must provide a minimum of 1A. (For our universal power supplies shown in the options below, use the 6V setting.)
Only install type 16850 or 19670 lithium-ion 3.7V batteries! (Do NOT use NiMH, NiCad or any other AA batteries!) Batteries are not included. These days, type 16850 batteries (sometimes called 168A) are becoming easier to find at electronics stores. You also can use Protected 18650 (correctly called 19670); they'll just be a tighter fit.
If you're not using a Boe-Bot, you may consider an alternative Li-Ion Charger Board with more features which also includes two batteries.
Boe-Bot Li-Ion Battery Charger Features
- Fits into the Boe-Bot robot chassis, replacing the 4-cell AA battery pack
- Holds two rechargeable/replaceable 3.7V Li-ion 18650 cells
- Provides up to 6 hours of continuous motorized operation (depending on cell capacity)
- Rechargeable Li-ion cells don't need to be removed from your Boe-Bot for recharging; charging circuitry is built into the board
- Multiple LED indicators provide charge readiness information for each individual cell; status key for the LED indicators is printed on the board
- Comes with all hardware and cables necessary for installation into your existing Boe-Bot
- Automatic charge/discharge switching circuitry
- Aggressive holders retain cells in any board orientation and in moderate shock environments, such as mobile robotic applications
- Dedicated circuitry continuously monitors the charging process to ensure safety, efficiency, and to maximize the number of charge/discharge cycles of each cell
- On-board output 2A Mini Fuse protection (spare fuse included)
- Nominal 7.4V DC output; 8.2V DC maximum
- Charging Power Requirements: +5 to 12V DC @ 1A (min.) via 2.1mm center-positive barrel jack
- Power Output: Unregulated nominal 7.4V DC @ 1800–2600 mAh (depending on cells used)
- Charging Time: 1 to 6 hours, depending upon the discharge level and capacity of the cells used
- Dimensions: 3.0 × 4.0 × 1.0 inches (7.6 × 10.2 × 2.54 cm)
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Boe-Bot Li-Ion Battery Charger Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item