PIC-WEB-BOX is a board that adds additional features over the design of the popular Olimex PIC-WEB board. PIC-WEB-BOX adds a protective plastic cover and a microSD card connector. The included microSD card provides enough memory space for almost any web content.
The board comes pre-installed with a custom bootloader. The bootloader allows programming via a web interface. You also can use a PIC-compatible programmer/debugger to upload programs to the board (you'd have to open the box to get access to the mini-ICSP connector).
The front side of the box exposes an RS232 DB9F serial port interface, an Ethernet RJ45 interface, and LEDs. The back side exposes the power jack and three expansion interfaces: one 2×7-pin male box header, one 20-pin female single-row socket, and one UEXT connector. Please see the UEXT Boards Category for a full list of peripheral modules that can plug into the UEXT port. The PIC-WEB-BOX's firmware lets you control UART and I2C devices via the internet, e.g. relays, sensors, LCDs, etc.
PIC Ethernet/Webserver Board Features
- PIC18F67J60 microcontroller
- Convinient plastic box that provides protection and aesthetic look
- microSD card connector with 2GB microSD card installed
- Ethernet connector and functionality
- Mini-ICSP/ICD connector for programming with PIC-compatible tool (e.g. PIC-KIT3 with Mini 6-pin adapter or other programmers with Mini 6-pin adapter and RJ12 adapter)
- Reset button
- 2 user-programmable buttons
- User-programmable LED
- Power LED
- Thermistor for temperature monitoring
- RS232 driver and DB9 female connector
- UEXT connector
- Complete web server and TCP/IP stack support as per Microchip's open-source TCP/IP stack
- Custom bootloader that allows programming the board via Ethernet
- Power plug-in jack for 9V to 30V DC power supply
- 2 additional extension headers for easier access to microcontroller pins
- Outer dimensions of the board 65 × 65 mm (2.55 × 2.55 inches)
PIC Ethernet/Webserver Board Resources The bootloader will come already installed on your board, but you should download it to read its instructions, plus you can inspect the source.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|