This MYC-SAMA5D34-256 CPU module is compatible with Atmel's SAMA5D3-EK main board as well as the MYD-SAMA5D series of boards by MYIR.
It contains an Atmel SAMA5D34 ARM Cortex-A5 processor and external memories, and it connects to a main board via an SO-DIMM200 connector.
This module differs from the standard MYC-SAMA5D33 (as included in the MYD-SAMA5D33 kit) in that it has only 256MB DDR2 memory instead of 512MB. This amount may be sufficient for your embedded Linux installation, so you can save some money by purchasing this module — especially if you intend to purchase a large number of CPU modules for production (in which case you should contact us to inquire about price breaks).
SAMA5D34 CPU Module Features
- SAMA5D34 ARM Cortex-A5 processor operating at up to 536 MHz (850 DMIPS), with 32KB Data Cache, 32KB Instruction Cache, Virtual Memory System Architecture (VMSA), fully integrated MMU and Floating Point Unit (VFPv4)
- CPU has one 160KB Internal ROM (single-cycle access at system speed) with embedded bootloader (boot on NAND Flash, SDCard, eMMC, serial DataFlash, selectable order), and one 128KB Internal SRAM (single-cycle access at system speed)
- CPU module board also includes 256MB NandFlash, 4MB DataFlash, 16MB NorFlash, and 256MB DDR2 SDRAM
- Dimensions: 45 × 68 mm, 8-layer PCB
- Power supply: 3.3V from SODIMM200 connector
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70 °C (industrial range of -40 to +85 °C is available for large orders; contact us with your requirements)
Download MYC-SAMA5D3x Module Overview (includes pinout and dimensions)
This is one of five CPU modules with the same SO-DIMM200 connector (10 modules if you count the standard 512MB versions of each). You can swap it with the CPU module on any of the MYD-SAMA5D3x systems so you can evaluate the different processors in the Atmel SAMA5D3x series. The differences between the five available processors is as follows:
|Feature ||SAMA5D31 ||SAMA5D33 ||SAMA5D34 ||SAMA5D35 ||SAMA5D36 |
|LCD/HDMI Controller ||Yes ||Yes ||Yes ||No ||Yes |
|Ethernet ||10/100 ||Gigabit ||Gigabit ||Gigabit ||Gigabit |
|2nd Ethernet ||No ||No ||No ||10/100 ||10/100 |
|CAN Buses ||None ||None ||2 ||2 ||2 |
|HSMCI Buses ||3 ||2 ||3 ||3 ||3 |
|Extra UARTs* ||2 ||None ||None ||2 ||2 |
|Timer/Counters ||1 ||1 ||1 ||2 ||2 |
* All five CPUs have three 5-line USARTs and a 3-line DBGU (Debug UART). The SAMA5D31, SAMA5D35 and SAMA5D36 add two 3-line UARTs (i.e. asynchronous only).
See Atmel's SAMA5D34 Page for the CPU datasheet and other documentation.
Ships from: China
Lead time: 1 week
Volume discounts are available; please contact us for details.