The USB IO 24R Digital I/O over USB Control Board is a low-cost integrated module for the input and/or output of digital signals from a computer system by connection to the USB port.
The module features 24 signal lines at 5V level which are programmable individually as input or output. Because the module connects to the USB port, multiple modules can be connected to a single PC by the use of a USB hub or hubs. Each module features a serial number, and the PC can identify each module uniquely, allowing multiple modules to be connected in a single application.
The outputs of the module are able to source or sink up to 30mA per I/O and a maximum 50mA per port to allow direct connection to a variety of devices.
This version of the USB-IO-24R features an upgrade that runs the SX48 processor at 50MHz, compared to the default 4MHz version. Some functions may not work at 50MHz, e.g. the SPI and 1-Wire serial interfaces described in the User Manual.
The picture shows the default 4MHz version. This version uses the same PCB but will have a 50MHz resonator installed on X1 (the three pads seen on the left side in the picture) as well as a resistor mounted on the underside.
24 Digital I/O over USB Control Board Features
- 24 independent and programmable input/output pins that are grouped into 3 ports
- Single-module high-speed digital input/output solution
- Integrated Type-B USB connector
- On-board unique serial number and custom programmable Flash microcontroller
- Both USB Enumeration information and Microcontroller can be re-programmed to suit customer needs
- Module powered by the USB from the PC; can use an external supply if the board is modified (see User Manual)
- Virtual COM Port driver allows access as a regular serial port
- Optional DLL-based driver available
- Easy to program using popular development languages such as C, C++, C#, VB, etc.
- Simple command set for easy control of ports and data transfer
24 Digital I/O over USB Control Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item