The SimplyTronics ST-00081 Wide-Angle PIR Sensor features a detection angle of 180 degrees, making it ideal for applications where you need to track movements across a large, open area. This sensor is a pyroelectric device that detects motion by sensing changes in the infra-red levels emitted by surrounding objects. When motion is detected, the sensor generates a High signal on its output pin and lights an indicator LED.
This PIR Motion Sensor Board can be connected to a 3.3V or 5V microcontroller. Demo code is available for BASIC Stamp, Propeller and Arduino.
It has a potentiometer for fine-tuning its sensitivity, and a "night mode" jumper that enables a light sensor which will turn off the motion sensor during the day. The motion sensor also can be enabled/disabled externally via the EN pin.
Wide-Angle PIR Sensor Features
- Single-bit High/Low output
- Small size and mounting holes for easy concealment
- On-board LED
- Power 3V to 6V DC operation; current draw 150µA idle, 3mA active (no load)
- 30mA active (0Ω resistor) high current draw
- Detects movement up to 30 ft away
- 180° detection angle for widespread motion detection
- Adjustable sensitivity to tune for different operating conditions
- User-selectable "night-time mode" for detecting motion only in decreased lighting conditions
- 4-pin SIP package perfect for breadboard-friendly projects
- Dimensions: 1.42 × 1.42 × 0.79 inches (36.0 × 36.0 × 20.2 mm)
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C)
See the ST-00081 Documentation Page for detailed specifications, dimensional drawings, and demo code.