Maximum 0.9A driving current with 0.22Ω current-sense resistor Full H-bridge driven by a single PWM signal Red LED indicates active nFAULT line (in case of short circuit) Can be powered externally through CN2 terminals
The DC MOTOR click is a simple solution for adding a DC motor driver to your design.
It features the DRV8833RTY H-Bridge motor driver and a 74HC4053 multiplexer that allows you to run the motor with only one PWM line from the mikroBUS socket. The board is designed to use either a 3.3V or 5V power supply, which can be provided either from the mikroBUS socket or externally through CN2 screw terminals (selectable via jumper). It's limited to a 0.9A driving current with a 0.22Ω current-sense resistor.
DC MOTOR click communicates with the target board via SELECT1, SELECT2 and nSLEEP control lines, PWM input line and nFAULT feedback line. It a green LED power indicator and a red LED that signals an active nFAULT line (in case of a short circuit). An SMD jumper is used to select 3.3V or 5V power supply. It is in the 3.3V position by default.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
H-Bridge DC Motor Driver Add-on Module Resources