Freescale i.MX537, Linux-ready 128-pin System-on-Module with 2x LVDS, 1x VGA, 1x LAN, 3x UART, 1x CAN, 1x SATA and 1x 480Mbps USB2.0-compliant Host port
M-5360A is a credit-card-size system-on-module powered by the 800MHz Freescale i.MX537 ARM Cortex-A8 processor with 1GB DDR3 RAM and 4GB eMMC Flash. M-5360A features two independent LVDS channels for dual LCD displays and one VGA port for external monitor connection. The multimedia and graphic engine of i.MX537 supports OpenGLE 2.0 and OpenVG 1.1 graphics acceleration and 1080p video decoding.
In addition to the multimedia features, M-5360A provides powerful communication functionality such as Ethernet, RS232, RS485, CAN2.0, 1-Wire and USB. This makes M-5360A not only suitable for multimedia applications but also fit embedded networking devices.
The M-5360A uses reliable 128-pin 2.0mm-pitch pin headers which makes it easy for you to design your own application board. Supported operating systems include Linux, Android and Windows CE (it comes with Ubuntu 10.4 Linux already installed). In addition to the hardware building blocks, plenty of software utility and device drivers are available for your applications.
Before designing your own system, you can experiment with the M-5360A module using the M-5360A-SK Starter Kit which includes this module and a motherboard with most interfaces provided.
i.MX537 System-on-Module Features
- OS: Ubuntu 10.4 with file system
- CPU: Freescale i.MX537 (Cortex-A8), 800 MHz
- Flash: 4GB, eMMC type
- RAM: 1GB, DDR3
- LCD interface: LVDS 2x, up to 1600 × 1200 pixels
- VGA interface: 1x, sync. with LVDS channel 1
- Multimedia: Full HD 1080p, OpenGLE and OpenVG
- Ethernet interface: 1x, 10/100Mbps
- USB Host interface: 1x, USB 2.0 compliant; supports High-Speed mode (480Mbps)
- USB OTG interface
- SD card interface: 1x, 32GB max.
- UART interface: 3x 921.6kbps
- I2C interface: yes
- I2S interface: yes, including 1x transmitter and 1x receiver
- SPI interface: yes, w/ 4x chip-select signals
- GPIO interface: 8x pins, CMOS/3.3V compatible
- Dimensions: 80 × 50 mm
- Power input: 80mA @ 3.3V
- GNU C/C++ tool chain for Linux and Windows
i.MX537 System-on-Module Resources