The Parallax Serial 4×20 LCD easily can be connected to and controlled by a microcontroller using a single I/O pin. The display provides basic text wrapping so that your text looks correct on the display. You have full control over all of the advanced LCD features, allowing you to move the cursor anywhere on the display with a single instruction and turn the display on and off in any configuration.
This display supports visible ASCII characters (Decimal 32-127). In addition, you may define up to eight of your own custom characters to display anywhere on the LCD.
Parallax Serial LCD Features
- Four lines of 20 characters each
- Clear 40-pixel characters support ASCII Decimal 32-127
- Eight user-definable custom characters
- Turn backlighting on or off with a single command
- Move the cursor anywhere or clear the display with a single command
- Built-in piezospeaker lets you add audible alert tones
- Baud rate switches and adjustable contrast knob on the back of the display
- Selectable asynchronous serial baud rates: 2400, 9600, 19200
- Test mode verifies display functionality
- Power requirements: +5V DC, 20mA with light off or ~80mA typical with light on
- Dimensions: 2.37 × 3.86 inches (60.2 × 98.1 mm)
- Operating temperature: -4 to +158 °F (-20 to +70 °C)
Parallax Serial LCD Resources