The PING))) Protector Stand is a precisely machined mounting bracket cut from 1/4-inch thick high-grade aluminum. With easy installation, this stand can attach your PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor to your robot gracefully and protect the sensor from most collisions.
The PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor is not included.
PING))) Protector Stand Kit Contents
To complete the installation, you will need a #1 Phillips screwdriver and glue. Some masking tape may be useful to cover the protuding part of the light pipe after installation.
- Aluminum protector stand
- Two Phillips pan-head screws, 4-40, 1/2"
- Two nylon washers, size #4
- Two nylon spacers, round, #4, 1/4"
- Plastic light pipe
Note: While this kit contains the screws to mount your PING))) to the stand, it does not include screws for mounting the stand to your robot. You will need two 6-32 size screws.
Image of stand with PING))) installed, mounted on a robot
PING))) Protector Stand Features
- Designed to protect your PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor from damage
- Two 6-32 (0.144-inch diameter) un-threaded mounting holes
- Hardware to connect sensor to stand is included
- Custom CNC-machined from 6061 high-grade aluminum at Parallax headquarters in Rocklin, Calif.
- Aperture and plastic light pipe included to allow for visual check of sensor function while mounted to stand
- Dimensions: 1.95 × 2.20 × 0.25 inches (11.4 × 55.9 × 6.4 mm)
Download PING))) Protector Stand Installation Guide