This is a 20-pin SOP programming adapter for the SuperPro-7000 Universal Chip Programmer. It also supports 8-pin SOP, SOIC and MFP devices with 200/208 mil (0.208") body width. Check the programmer's Supported Devices List to verify that your device can be used with this adapter. (20-pin SOP/SOIC devices typically are 300 mil wide, and 16-pin tend to be either 150 mil or 300/307 mil, so most likely you need a different adapter if you have a 16- or 20-pin device. Usually only 8-pin devices will have the 200/208 mil body width supported this adapter.)
|Package ||SOIC20 |
|Socket Type ||Open top |
|Socket Size ||23.4 × 22 mm |
|Pitch ||1.27 mm (0.05") |
|Body Size ||5.3 mm (0.208") |
|Size 1 ||6.9 mm |
|Size 2 ||7.9 mm |
20-pin SOIC Programming Adapter Device Insertion Instructions
- Remove the default DIP48 socket adapter (EX0001) from the top of the programmer and insert this open top socket adapter into the SuperPro 7000 programmer adapter holder.
- Press down and hold the top of the socket before placing any chip inside.
- Use a vacuum pick-up tool to place the chip in the socket, aligning pin 1 of the chip to pin 1 of the programming adapter (as illustrated in the adapter information box of the programming software).
- Release the pressed-down socket and perform programming operation.
- When finished programming, gently remove the chip from the socket by pressing down the top of the socket and using a vacuum pick-up tool.