This OpenSegment Shield is designed to run on top of most Arduino Uno compatible boards. All you need to do is attach headers to the shield and snap it in — no breadboards required. The OpenSegment Shield combines a classic 4-digit 7-segment LED display and an ATmega328 microcontroller allowing you to control every segment individually using only a few serial lines.
The OpenSegment Shield can be controlled in any of three ways: Serial TTL communication, SPI serial communication, or I2C serial. To avoid conflicts with other devices, you can disable Serial TTL and SPI by removing solder jumpers. (I2C can not be disabled; you can reprogram the shield's firmware if you need it to use a different I2C address than 0x71.)
This display has red LEDs.
7-Segment LED Display Shield Features
- 4-digit display with Serial Comm, SPI or I2C Serial Interface
- Display numbers, many letters, and a few special characters
- Individual control of decimal points
- Selectable baud rate
- Selectable brightness
- Baud rate and brightness values retained in non-volatile memory
- Individual segment control for each digit, to create custom characters
- Arduino Uno Form Factor
7-Segment LED Display Shield Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item