Extremely large event memory (512 megabits = up to 29.8 million samples) Real-time hardware data compression Up to 400 MHz sample speed Up to 16 inputs, expandable by linking units together Flexible trigger options "Logic probe" mode Controlled and powered by USB (High-Speed, 480 Mbps) Advanced software for Windows and Linux
OMEGA is a powerful, fast, flexible, user-friendly and cost-effective logic analyzer with extremely large event memory, efficient real-time hardware compression and complex trigger logic. It operates on a High-Speed USB port and requires no external power supply.
Logic Analyzer Features
Extremely large event memory
512 Megabit SDRAM and high-efficiency hardware compression — total number of events depends on the number of inputs actively in use. In a typical scenario, OMEGA is able to store millions of input changes (e.g. about 10 million bits transferred via high-speed two-wire synchronous bus). With few input changes, the maximum test length can be around 77 minutes..
Flexible input/sample speed options
- 16 inputs* at 200 MHz
- 8 inputs at 400 MHz
- 15 inputs + 1 synchronous clock input (trailing or falling edge); clock speed from 1 MHz to 99.9 MHz, asynchronous time scale
* You can measure more than 16 inputs simultaneously by linking multiple OMEGA units via the included synchronization header and synchronization cable. Accuracy of synchronization between analyzers is ±5ns for two analyzers and ±10ns for three analyzers in the chain.
Complex trigger logic
Many various triggering options in the 16 inputs/200 MHz mode:
- Any value or edge on any input condition
- Defined duration of the condition ("longer than" and/or "shorter than")
- Sequence of two different conditions
- 16-bit counter — triggering after Nth occurence of the condition
- Extensive condition definition options using logical functions (N)AND,(N)OR,(N)XOR
Standard triggering options in 8-input/400MHz mode — triggering on the input signal edge.
Trigger point can be placed at any position of recorded events from the very beginning to the end.
- Ready for plugins — both ASIX and user-definable, e.g. protocol analyzers (like I2C, SPI, UART, SDRAM, Full-Speed and Low-Speed USB)
- Ready for easy multi-language support (not applicable for plugins)
- Waveforms can be saved and loaded to a computer hard drive
- Waveforms can be exported to a text file for further processing
- Waveforms can be printed on a printer
- Flexible trace definition (any combination of input signals and constant logic levels) and trace representation (signals, buses — binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal, ASCII). Input signal can be used in more than one trace.
- Free UART, I2C and SPI protocol analyzers
- USB protocol analyzer option available (see bottom of this page)
- Flexible control using mouse and keyboard
PC requirements: Windows XP or higher (including 32- and 64-bit Windows 7; see user manual), Pentium 4 or faster CPU (dual-core recommended), at least 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended).
Also supported on Linux using WINE.
- Easy connection to PC — High-Speed USB interface.
- Low power — no power supply adapter needed.
- Logic probe mode — OMEGA displays momentary logic levels on all 16 inputs.
- Detailed LED indication for instant and intuitive status checking.
- Fast operation — less than 1-second delay for any selected view. (Full data download takes a few seconds.)
- Input threshold level is suitable for TTL, LVTTL and 2.7V to 5.5V CMOS levels.
- Replaceable input buffers — DIP parts in socket allow for easy replacement.
- Upgradability — due to flexible design based on Xilinx FPGAs, it will be possible to upgrade and enhance OMEGA functionality by simple software updates (e.g. frequency, period and duty cycle measurement).
- Small, lightweight and compact.
- OMEGA logic analyzer
- Target cables — flying leads, 20-pin header (16 ch.), 10-pin header (8 ch.)
- Synchronization header and synchronization cable (for connecting multiple OMEGA units)
- USB cable (A-B)
- CD-ROM with software, drivers and documentation
- User's Manual
Optional Recommended Products for this Item