The Parallax High-Speed Continuous Rotation Servo is an excellent drive motor for small, zippy robots. It sacrifices torque for speed, providing three times as many RPM as the standard Parallax Continuous Rotation Servo.
However, this servo is not a drop-in replacement for the standard version, unless you're working precisely with 6V, as that is the maximum rating for the standard version but the minimum rating for this high-speed version.
It does, however, share the same 3-pin connection interface, which is used by Parallax BASIC Stamp and Propeller microcontroller boards.
Parallax High-Speed Continuous Rotation Servo Features
- Bi-directional continuous rotation
- 0 to 180 RPM @ 7.4V with linear response to PWM for easy ramping
- Power requirement: 6V to 8V DC, compatible with 5-cell AA battery packs
- Current draw @ 7.4V: 15mA idle; Maximum 130mA (±50mA) when operating with no load
- Torque: 22 oz-in ±11 (1.6 kg-cm ±0.8) @ 7.4V
- Communication: PWM; 1.3 to 1.7 ms high pulse at 20 ms intervals
- Access port for adjusting the "idle" pulse width
- Accepts four mounting screws
- Operating temperature: 14 to 113 °F (-10 to +45 °C)
- Dimensions: 2.2 × 0.8 × 1.6 inches (55.8 × 19 × 40.6 mm) not including servo horn
- Weight: 1.5 oz (42.5 g)
Notes: Servo current draw can spike while under load; stall current can approach 1A. Be sure that your application's power supply and voltage regulator is prepared to supply adequate current for all servos used. Do not try to power this servo directly through your microcontroller. Always use a regulated power supply.
3-pin connector pinout
|Pin ||Name ||Description ||Minimum ||Typical ||Maximum |
|1 (White)||Signal||Input; TTL or CMOS||3.3V||5.0V||Vservo + 0.2V |
|2 (Red)||Vservo||Power Supply||6.0V||7.4V||8.4V |
|3 (Black)||Vss||Ground|| ||0V|| |
Download Parallax High-Speed Continuous Servo Datasheet
Optional Recommended Products for this Item