The Little Step-U is a complete stepper motor control solution in the form of a 1" × 2" PCB. A single TTL serial connection is sufficient to control a 30V/3A unipolar motor up 5000 steps/second in a set-and-forget fashion.
Commands instruct the motor to move to an absolute position, to move to a relative position, to move until an input is activated, or to return to one of two previously marked positions. A built-in linear ramp function allows the motor to be accelerated and decelerated over a defined period.
Other options are to drive the motor in full, half and wave drive modes, to stop with windings on or off, or to act as a simple translator/drive with step and direction inputs.
Unipolar Stepper Motor Controller Features
- Supports unipolar motors up to 35V @ 3A
- Full step, half step, and wave drive modes
- 1 to 5000 steps per second
- Built-in speed ramp (0.1 to 20 seconds)
- Simple serial commands (TTL interface)
- Separate power input for motor and logic
- Suitable for direct and L/R operation in all modes
- On-board clamping diodes
- Current position register (±100,000,000)
- Zero position and user marker registers
- Absolute & Relative movement commands
- Busy output
- Two inputs suitable for optical stops
- Slave mode using inputs for STEP & DIR
- Stop with motor coils on or off
- Power Requirements: 4.5V to 5.5V DC
- Dimensions: 1.96 × 0.98 × 0.15 inches (50 × 25 × 4 mm)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Unipolar Stepper Motor Controller Resources