The VSS-001-360 Veho 360° M1 small, lightweight self-powered speaker makes a great accessory to any project that has audio output. Use it for music or experimenting with synthesized sounds from your microcontroller.
It connects to any standard 3.5mm stereo line-out jack, so not only is it for microcontroller boards, but can be used on common devices like iPhones, iPods, MP3 players, hand-held game consoles, etc.
The Veho 360° M1 speaker capsule has a built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery that will give up to eight hours playing from a single charge. It is recharged via USB. A mini-USB charging cable is included.
Note: The included mini-USB cable has the power lines only (no data lines) so it can't be used as a normal mini-USB cable. Be sure to stick a label on it to save yourself from ever trying to use it as a normal mini-USB cable on a device. (It wouldn't damage the device; it just would provide only power to it, likely beginning a wild goose chase of trying to figure out why the device isn't communicating with the host!) You may use a normal mini-USB cable with this speaker, of course.
When in use, you can pop open this speaker for a fuller sound. The lower picture on the right shows the speaker in its open state, and shows the volume slider on the side of the lower section. When not in use, the audio cable fits neatly into the bottom of the speaker housing.
Portable Powered Speaker Features
- Compatible with all line-out audio devices
- Self-powered; up to 8 hours of play time between charges
- mini-USB power input for recharging
- Power switch and volume slider
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack connector
- Ultra small, with pop-up for big sound
- Output: 2.4W
- Rating Power: 1.8W
- Size: 50 × 50 mm (width and length); 35 mm high when collapsed
- Weight: 4 ounces
- 36mm micro speaker, 4 Ohm
- Frequency: Response 100Hz-20kHz
- Signal-to-Noise: Greater than 85 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5%
- Battery Voltage: 3.7V
- Battery Capacity: 300 mAh
- Battery Charge voltage: 4.2V ±0.05V
- Charge Time: USB 4 hours
- Battery Life per charge: 7-8 Hours
- LED power indicator