Integrated IR emitter, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and signal-conditioning IC Interrupt function Low stand-by current consumption: 1.5 ľA I2C interface
Proximity Click features a VCNL4010 proximity and ambient light sensor. It combines an infrared emitter and PIN photodiode for proximity measurement with a range of up to 20 cm. The VCNL4010 has 16-bit resolution which ensures excellent crosstalk immunity. It can also be used as an ambient light sensor.
This board is ideal for consumer and industrial applications, mobile phones, digital cameras, tablet PC applications, etc.
Proximity Click communicates with the target board microcontroller via mikroBUS I2C (SDA, SCL) and INT lines. The board is designed to use 3.3V power supply and 3.3V or 5V I/O voltage levels which is selectable by solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
See also the Proximity 2 Click, which uses a MAX44000.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale FRDM-KL46Z FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Proximity & Ambient Light Detector Module Resources