Lightning detector warns of lightning storm activity within a 40 km radius Provides distance to the head of the storm down to 1 km in 14 steps Detects both cloud-to-ground and intra-cloud (cloud-to-cloud) flashes SPI communication
Thunder Click features an AMS AS3935 lightning sensor as well as a Coilcraft MA5532-AE coil antenna. It detects the presence and proximity of potentially hazardous lightning activity in the vicinity and provides estimated distance to the center of the storm. It also can provide information on the noise level, making it an ideal choice for weather stations, sports equipment, pool safety, UPS, GPS, watches, cellular phones, etc.
Thunder Click communicates with the target board microcontroller via SPI (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS) and INT lines. The board is designed to use 3.3V or 5V power supply, selectable via SMD jumper (in 3.3V position by default). A green LED indicates the presence of power supply.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Lightning Detector Add-on Board Resources