The Dual Motor Driver MC33926 is a breakout board featuring two Freescale MC33926 H-bridge ICs. It can supply up to almost 3A continuous current per channel to two brushed DC motors at 5V to 28V, and it can tolerate peak currents up to 5A per channel for a few seconds, making this a great general-purpose motor driver for medium-sized DC motors and for differential-drive robots that use such motors.
The MC33926 supports ultrasonic (up to 20 kHz) pulse width modulation (PWM) of the motor output voltage, which eliminates the audible switching sounds caused by PWM speed control. A current feedback circuit for each motor provides an analog voltage output on its respective FB pin that is proportional to the output current.
Since this board is a carrier for the Freescale Semiconductor MC33926 H-bridge, you should take care to read its datasheet which you can download below.
WARNING: This board can get hot enough to burn your skin. Be careful when handling it and components attached to it. Adding a heat sink or forced-air cooling is recommended.
2x MC33926 Breakout Board Features
- Two Freescale MC33926 full H-Bridge ICs
- Delivers 3A continuously to each of its two motor channels
- Current feedback and under-voltage protection
- Over-current and over-temperature protection
- Reverse-voltage protection on motor voltage (logic voltage does not have reverse protection)
- Power Requirements: 5V to 28V DC
- Communication Interface: 3V to 5V TTL, PWM (up to 20 kHz)
- Operating temperature: -40 to 125 °C
- PCB Dimensions: 1.10 × 1.8 inches (i.e. without connectors installed)
2x MC33926 Breakout Board Resources