IF-D91 fiber-optic receiver photodiode and IF-E97 fiber-optic LED on board Visible red output aids troubleshooting Mates with standard 1000µm core jacketed plastic fiber optic cables Low transmission loss with PMMA plastic fiber UART or GPIO interface 3.3V or 5V power supply
The Fiber Opt Click board is a compact and easy solution for adding fiber-optic communication to your design. It features an IF-D91 fiber-optic photodiode, an IF-E97 fiber-optic LED as well as two operational amplifiers. The provided plastic optic connectors feature an internal micro-lens and a precision-molded PBT housing to ensure efficient optical coupling with plastic fiber cable. Data rates of up to 512 Kbps can be achieved.
The Fiber Opt Click board communicates with your target MCU via UART interface (RX/TX) or directly through the GPIO pins (INT/PWM), depending on the position of the TX SEL SMD jumper (in UART position by default). Two other solder jumper allow you to select 3.3V or 5V operation (in 3.3V position by default).
This board is ideal for data links, local-area networks, motor controller triggering, medical instruments, EMC/EMI signal isolation, etc.
Fiber-optic cable is not included.
The board comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Fiber Optic Communication Add-on Board Resources