This is a USB-to-Serial (RS232) adapter that is compact and economical. It provides a Virtual COM Port on your computer for peripherals and boards that have a DB9 (9-pin) serial connector.
While other adapters we carry come in a cable form, this adapter is a cheaper alternative if you already have a spare mini-USB cable lying around. Attach a mini-USB cable from the adapter to your computer's USB port, then connect the adapter to your serial device.
USB-to-RS232 Adapter Features
- USB Version 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Connects to your computer with a USB A to Mini-B cable (not included)
- DB9 male socket to connect to your board's serial programming and debugging port
- Drivers available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS
- Power requirements: Regulated 5V from USB port or powered hub
- Communication: Full-speed USB, full-duplex serial from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud
- Dimensions: 1.7 × 1.2 × 0.5 inches (51 × 16 × 12 mm)
- Operating temperature: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
Download the Parallax USB Driver Installer for Windows, or get VCP drivers for Windows, Linux and Mac OS from FTDI. If you have a Parallax IDE (e.g. BASIC Stamp Editor, Propeller Tool, SX-Key) then you should have drivers installed already.