These CPU modules use the same SO-DIMM card interface as found on Atmel's SAMA5D3x-EK evaluation kits. Whether you use that kit or design your own system with the same interface, you can switch between different CPUs and configurations simply by swapping the CPU module for another.
The modules are available with various CPU, memory, Ethernet, and temperature range options. You can get the modules populated with ATSAMA5D33, ATSAMA5D35, ATSAMA5D34, or ATSAMA5D31 CPU; with 256 or 512 MiB DDR2; with or without Ethernet PHY DM9161; with or without 16 MiB NOR Flash; with 256 MiB or 1 GiB NAND Flash; and in commercial or industrial temperature range.
Four configurations are available (or will be) as stock items and can be ordered at the bottom of this page in single units:
Other configurations are available as special order with minimum order quantity of 100 pieces.
- SAMA5D33-CM — ATSAMA5D33 CPU, 512 MiB DDR2, Ethernet PHY, NOR Flash, 256 MiB NAND Flash, 0°C to +70°C
- SAMA5D35-CM — ATSAMA5D35 CPU, 512 MiB DDR2, Ethernet PHY, NOR Flash, 256 MiB NAND Flash, 0°C to +70°C
- SAMA5D34-CM — ATSAMA5D34 CPU, 512 MiB DDR2, Ethernet PHY, NOR Flash, 256 MiB NAND Flash, 0°C to +70°C (not available yet; lead time 8 weeks)
- SAMA5D31-CM — ATSAMA5D31 CPU, 512 MiB DDR2, Ethernet PHY, NOR Flash, 256 MiB NAND Flash, 0°C to +70°C (not available yet; lead time 8 weeks)
ATSAMA5D3x CPU Module Features
- MCU: ATSAMA5D3 series, 536 MHz ARM Cortex-A5 ARM v7-A Thumb2 processor @ 1.2V
- 128 or 256 MiB DDR2 SDRAM, 16-bit
- 512 MiB DDR2 SDRAM, 32-bit
- 256 MiB NAND Flash
- 16 MiB NOR Flash
- 4 MiB Atmel SPI Flash
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- One-Wire 1024-bit EEPROM and 64-bit ROM
- SO-DIMM 200 JEDEC MO-274 module (67.6 × 40 mm)
ATSAMA5D3x CPU Module Resources
Ordering options Use the Model option selector below to choose one of the four configurations as described above. If you want to special-order a different configuration (MOQ 100 pcs), please contact us.
To help you choose which ATSAMA5D3x CPU you might want, here is a table outlining the differences:
|Feature ||SAMA5D33 ||SAMA5D35 ||SAMA5D34 ||SAMA5D31 |
|CAN0, CAN1 ||No ||Yes ||Yes ||No |
|EMAC (RMII)||No||Yes ||No ||Yes |
|GMAC (RGMII)||Yes||Yes ||Yes ||No |
|LCD||Yes||No ||Yes ||Yes |
|HSMCI2||No||Yes ||Yes ||Yes |
|UART0||No||Yes ||No ||Yes |
|UART1||No||Yes ||No ||Yes |
|Timer Counter 1 (TC1)||No||Yes ||No ||No |
Note that the SAMA5D34 and SAMA5D31 versions are not yet available, so there will be a lead time on those for the time being.