Long-range RF connectivity using the DigiMesh S3B protocol XBee-PRO DigiMesh 900HP are long-range embedded wireless solutions providing end-point device connectivity. These modules use the easy-to-deploy DigiMesh networking protocol. This innovative, peer-to-peer network offers added stability through self-healing, dense network operation and support for sleeping routers, extending the operational life of battery-dependent networks. Supporting RF line-of-sight range up to 9 miles and data rates up to 200 Kbps, these modules are ideal for extended-range applications requiring increased data throughput.
Part of the XBee family of wireless products, these modules are easy to use, share a common footprint, and are fully interoperable with other XBee products utilizing the same technology. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other; you can switch between 802.11, 802.15.4, ZigBee, DigiMesh and proprietary long-range with minimal development time or risk.
Note: This module is certified for use in USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Singapore only. It may not be used in Europe or Japan. Other areas, check local regulations.
DigiMesh Protocol DigiMesh is a proprietary mesh networking protocol. Its features include:
- Self-healing Any node may enter or leave the network at any time without causing the network as a whole to fail.
- Peer-to-peer architecture No hierarchy and no parent-child relationships are needed.
- Quiet protocol Routing overhead will be reduced by using a reactive protocol similar to AODV.
- Route discovery Rather than maintaining a network map, routes will be discovered and created only when needed.
- Selective acknowledgments Only the destination node will reply to route requests.
- Reliable delivery Reliable delivery of data is accomplished by means of acknowledgments.
- Sleep modes Low-power sleep modes with synchronized wake-up are supported, with variable sleep and wake times.
900MHz DigiMesh S3B Module Features
- Frequency band: 902 to 928 MHz, software selectable channel mask for interference immunity
- RF data rate: 10 Kbps or 200 Kbps
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 2000 ft (610 m) @ 10 Kbps; Up to 1000 ft (305 m) @ 200 Kbps
- Outdoor/Line-of-sight range, dipole antenna: Up to 9 miles (14 km) @ 10 Kbps; Up to 4 miles (6.5 km) @ 200 Kbps
- Power output: Up to 250 mW (+24 dBm), software selectable
- Receiver sensitivity: -101 dBm @ 200 Kbps; -110 dBm @ 10 Kbps
- Data interface: UART (3V), SPI
- Serial interface data rate: 9600 to 230400 baud
- GPIO: Up to 15 digital I/O, four 10-bit ADC inputs, two PWM outputs
- Networking topology: DigiMesh, repeater, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, peer-to-peer
- Spread Spectrum type: FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum)
- Supply voltage: 2.1V - 3.6V DC (Footprint Recommendation: 3.0V - 3.4V DC)
- Transmit current: 215 mA (@ 3.3V)
- Receive current: 29 mA power-drain
- Sleep current: 2.5 ľA typical @ 3.3V
- No. of channels: 64 channels available
- Addressing: PAN ID, Preamble ID, and 64-bit addresses
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Configuration method: AT and API, local or over-air
- Size: 0.960 in × 1.297 in (2.438 cm × 3.294 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C (industrial)
- Certifications: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), C-Tick (Australia), Anatel (Brazil), IDA (Singapore)
900MHz DigiMesh S3B Module Resources