Now even 8-bit MCUs can run GUI devices without worrying about performance.
ConnectEVE brings fast and visually stunning graphics even to 8-bit MCUs with little Flash and RAM. Its state-of-the-art FTDI FT800 graphics controller integrates display, audio and touch onto a low-cost, easy-to-use, single-chip solution.
The ConnectEVE board contains an FT800Q graphic controller and an AT043B35 4.3" TFT color display with 480×272-pixel resolution which is driven by an HX8257A display controller capable of showing advanced graphical content. Each pixel can display 262K different colors. The TFT display is covered with a resistive touch panel which can be used as an input device.
The module has a simple SPI interface with interrupt support and mono audio output via an LM4864 chip capable of 675mW continuous average power. Pins are included for soldering on IDC10 and 1×10 headers which can be used to connect this module to your development board or existing final design. The IDC10 interface is compatible with the I/O port headers on mikroElektronika development boards. (Note that the audio output is available only on the 1×10 header.)
FT800/EVE Graphic LCD Module Features
- Even 8-bit MCUs can run GUI devices; FT800 easily handles 4.3" touch screen at 480×272 resolution
- FT800 provides 3-in-1 functionality: display, audio and touch operations
- 12 components (widgets) supported natively, plus transparency support, anti-aliasing, etc.
- One 2×5 or 1×10 header is all it takes to add the display to an existing device
- Free FT800 library available for mikroC, mikroBASIC and mikroPascal compilers, with examples
- Supported in Visual TFT software for easy GUI creation
The board ships with loose 2×5 and 1×10 headers that you can solder on, plus a pack of 10 female-female jumper wires. A stylus is not included; you can add one to your order using the option checkboxes at the bottom of this page.
FT800/EVE Graphic LCD Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item