Complete current-sensing solution. Supports bandwidth up to 500 kHz. Selectable AN or SPI communication interface. Four shunts provided in the package: 0.05Ω, 0.2Ω, 1Ω and 10Ω. On-board screw terminals for easy connection. Current measurement in ranges from 2mA to 2048mA, depending on connected shunt)
Current Click is an add-on board used for measurement of electric current. It features an INA196 current shunt monitor, an MCP3201 12-bit ADC, a MAX6106 voltage reference, as well as two screw terminals.
The board receives current from the output circuit connected to IN(+) and OUT(-) pins of the first screw terminal. The INA196 IC converts this current into a voltage. The second screw terminal is used for an external shunt.
In order to measure current values in various bands, you need to provide a shunt of the appropriate value. Four shunts with different values are provided in the package.
Current Click communicates with a target microcontroller via mikroBUS SPI or AN lines, set by SMD jumper J2 (in SPI/ADC position by default). It's designed to use either 3.3V or 5V power supply, set by SMD jumper J1 (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Current Measurement Add-on Board Resources