This shield gives your Arduino board CAN Bus capability. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. The CAN connection is via a standard 9-way sub-D for use with an OBD-II cable (OBD-II cable not included).
The shield also has a microSD card connector, serial LCD connection pads, and a connector for an EM-406 GPS module, making this shield ideal for data-logging applications. (Although pin 6 on the EM-406 header is not connected, you also can use an EM-406a, only without PPS. The new EM-506 should be compatible too, only without the Directive pin.)
To use the serial LCD connection pads, you can purchase this cable and solder the wire ends to the pads. The JST connector on the other end of the cable then plugs into any of these 2x16 Serial LCDs.
Arduino CAN Bus Shield Features
- CAN v2.0B up to 1 Mbps
- High-speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector
- Power can be supplied to Arduino via sub-D; resettable fuse and reverse-polarity protection
- Socket for EM-406 GPS module
- microSD card holder
- Connection pads for serial LCD interface
- Reset button
- Joystick for menu navigation control
- Two LED indicators
Arduino CAN Bus Shield Resources Header pins are not included. You will need to solder pins to this shield before you can plug it into your Arduino.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item