Microchip PIC Controller Area Network Development Kit with Full Version C Compiler
In-Circuit-Debugger, In-Circuit Serial Programmer, Development Board, Cables and Power Supply This kit comes ready to use. It is the economical way to get started in Controller Area Network development, containing everything you need: a step-by-step tutorial, software drivers, the full version PIC C compiler, and of course the board itself with power supply and cables.
The Controller Area Network is intended as a serial bus system for a network of controllers. Each controller connected to the network is called a node and is able to transmit and receive messages from the network. CAN Bus offers a secure communication channel to exchange up to 8 bytes between several network nodes.
The CCS CAN Bus board has four nodes:
The first node is a PIC18F4580 which includes an integrated CAN peripheral. This node is also connected to a potentiometer, three LEDs and one pushbutton.
The second node is a PIC16F876 connected to an MCP2515, an external CAN peripheral which is connected to a microcontroller over SPI. This node is also connected to a potentiometer, three LEDs and one pushbutton.
The last two nodes are MCP25050s, stand-alone CAN expanders which have already been pre-programmed to respond to specific CAN IDs. One of these nodes is connected to a potentiometer, three LEDs and three pushbuttons. The other node is connected to a seven segment LED display.
An extra CAN transceiver has also been left open to connect the CAN Bus Prototype board with other CAN systems.
Microchip PIC CAN Bus Prototype Board Features
The black carrying case shown is no longer included.
- Two MCP25050
- Three Potentiometers
- Nine LEDs
- 7-Segment LED
- Two RS-232 Ports
- RS-232 Level Converter
- ICD Jack (RJ12, compatible with Microchip MPLAB-ICD2 or CCS ICD)
View CAN Bus Board layout
Microchip PIC CAN Development Kit Contents
- CAN Bus Development Board
- CAN drivers and example code to use the CAN peripheral in the 18F458 and the MCP2515.
- A CAN tutorial and exercise book with sample code and drivers for quickly getting up to speed with CAN Bus.
- 2 serial cables and a 9V U.S. power supply.
- RS-232 or USB port In-Circuit Debugger (ICD) and In-Circuit Serial Programmer (ICSP).
- CD-ROM with full version of the popular CCS PIC C Compiler. This is the Windows version PCWH that supports PIC12, PIC14, PIC16 and PIC18 microcontrollers. Includes an IDE, Debugger and Editor.
View PCWH Reference Manual
Ships from: USA
Leadtime: In stock
Microchip PIC CAN Development Kit Options Please select which interface version of the In-Circuit Debugger and Programmer you would like using the option box below.